Glews Garage is owned and operated by family business Jos Richardson & Son Ltd. Established in 1892 by Joseph Richardson the Company ran a coal business until 1988.
Glews in 1975
In 1978 David Richardson and Tim Richardson, the grandson and great grandson of founder Joseph Richardson bought Glews Garage from the Glews family, at this time it was a single workshop.
Throughout the 1980s and 90s the garage expanded beyond all recognition. A Vauxhall franchise was added along with workshops, an accident repair centre, a 24-hour recovery service and a Texaco petrol forecourt.
In 1990 Tim Richardson took the decision to build Richwood Garage, a new car dealership with the Peugeot franchise.
In 2004 Joseph Richardson joined the Company, the 5th generation of Richardsons to work in the business. He took the decision to bring both Richwood and Glews Garage under one brand, Glews. In 2014 the Isuzu franchise was added to the dealership.
2016 saw more major changes on the site at junction 36 of the M62 with the building of a 70 bay truck stop. This development meant that the old Richwood Garage was demolished, and all the car sales and workshops were moved under one roof.
In 2019 the company made the decision to relinquish the Peugeot, Vauxhall and Isuzu franchises in favour of becoming an independent used car sales dealership and a Bosch service Centre. Serving the community of Goole and surrounding areas Glews is a well known and established business with a reputation for quality and excellent customer service.