Glews Garage are a family business and as such have always taken the privacy of our customers’ and contact’s personal information very seriously. We will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and act in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679(GDPR).
As part of our dealings with you we may collect, process and share your personal information in order to supply you with vehicles, services and other goods. It will also enable us to effectively manage our relationship with you.
This policy sets our how we obtain and use that information and your rights in respect of this.
We may review this policy from time to time, so please check this page regularly to keep informed of any changes. If you do not agree with any aspect of the updated policy, you must promptly notify us and cease using our services.
Who we are
Glews Garage is the trading name of Jos Richardson & Son Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 395875. Registered office: Suite12, Brackenholme Business Park, Brackenholme, Selby, North Yorkshire YO8 6EL.
What personal information do we collect?
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our website and social media channels,
- A copy of your driving licence when you are provided with a courtesy car or test drive a vehicle.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages,
- Details of your visits to our websites including but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located), IP address and the resources and pages that you access on our website.
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises,
- When you enquire about or purchase a vehicle, goods or other service, we collect the necessary personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your transaction.
- We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences,
- If you are purchasing a vehicle on finance, we will also collect information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you and we will receive and process information about the outcome of those checks in order to complete your purchase,
- We will collect information relevant to the insurance products we sell that are provided by third parties
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- for general administration including managing your queries in respect of the possible purchase of goods or services,
- to carry out our obligations in respect of performance of any contracts entered into between you and us, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts. This includes contracts relating to the purchase of vehicles and the provision of goods and services as well as in the pre contract stages of negotiation (prior to entering into a contract),
- to provide you with important reminders regarding your vehicle including when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken,
- to manage and administer the relationships between you and us ,
- to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details to respond to any queries that you submit to us,
- to obtain feedback from you regarding our customer service.
In accordance with your preferences, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. Please note that should you choose not to receive this information - this will exclude information relating to important services such as manufacturer’s recalls and safety notices, as we have a legitimate interest and/or contractual obligation to you to contact you regarding this.
Who do we share your personal information with?
In connection with the above uses of your personal information, we may share your personal information with third parties as described below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass your personal information to third party organisations that provide services to us such as: marketing support; administrative services; cloud service providers (for example hosts of our website and servers, as well as email management), and other third parties who provide services to us.
- We may pass your personal information to comply with our legal obligations to assist HMRC, the Police, the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Authority or other public bodies.
Protecting your personal information
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
The security of your personal information is important to us but unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our websites and is common across the internet. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
What choices do I have?
The accuracy of the information we hold is important to us. If you change your name, postal/email address or phone number or if you discover that any other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails or SMS messages from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails or SMS messages we send you.
You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by writing to us using the details below
Access to your personal information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access your personal information. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below. Please note, we may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to request that we delete your personal data in certain circumstances. If you would like more information about this, please contact us using the details below.
Third Party sites
Cookies are small pieces of information sent to your web browser and stored in your web browser to allow the website or a third party to recognise you when you visit. These cookies distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our website.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can also access more information about cookies and how they work at the Network Advertising Initiative: www.networkadvertising.org
All rights, including copyright and database rights in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to Glews Garage or otherwise used by Glews Garage as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit may text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from Glews Garage or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Glews Garage reserves the right to monitor submissions to the website and social media and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided ‘AS IS’ and on an ‘IS AVAILABLE’ bases without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Glews Garage be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
How to contact us
Version 3.0 19.05.2018