About Glews Garage
Jos. Richardson & Son began trading in 1892 when founder Joseph Richardson set up his own company to deliver coal to the local area. The first barge load of coal was discharged at Blacktoft and sold to local farmers and villagers. The business prospered and before long the company was delivering coal to the North and South banks of the Humber (now East Riding of Yorkshire). Prominent customers in these times were the Gas works of Hull and Goole as well as Earl’s cement works near Hull.